Thursday, November 26, 2009

Scansnap Safety Tips

My ScanSnap arrived today (I'll write up about it later) but with it came a 50 page 'safety precautions' book.  It struck me as odd because I couldn't imagine that scanning was a particularly dangerous activity.

Boy was I wrong.  I'm really glad I decided to read the book as there are a number of really good safety tips including:


  • Don't use scansnap while driving a car
  • When handling documents be careful not to cut your fingers
  • When carrying the ScanSnap outside avoid rain and snow
  • Avoid getting a necktie caught in the scansnap
That's just a few of them -- I wish I had known how dangerous this would be before I purchased the ScanSnap



1 comment:

Jonathan Bloom said...

Yikes, this makes me rethink getting one in the future.

My workflow is to scan in neckties while driving.