Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Macworld Predictions

I just discovered the third holiday of this Holiday Season. Sure, you've heard of Christmas & New Years but I've now discovered
Stevemas
.

It's that time of the year when all Mac geeks obsess over what may or may not happen
Jan 9
.

I'll be at Macworld but this year I didn't spend the $200 to get a conference pass, I did it last year and the only thing I found worthwhile was the keynote (and I'd rather save my money for something to actually buy)

Anyway it's traditional to roll out predictions. Pretty much I don't know much more than the average Joe except for one thing. Unlike a lot of pundits I actually have a day job making products so I have a sense of how long things take and so I can apply some of that sensibility.

Guaranteed

• iLife 07, iWork 07 -- Hardly worth 'predicting' enuf said
• Speed & proc bumps on macs
• iTV launch
Reasonable Chance
• iPhone introduction (shipping in Feb/Mar) (~60%)
• Wide Screen iPod (please, please have e-book support!) (~30%)
• 'high end' Mac pro (8 cores) (~70%)
• Rapidblog plugin for Rapidweaver Announced (~50%)
• New displays with built in isight (80%)
No Way

• Leopard shipping

One more thing

• Special addition Mac/iPod to celebrate 30 years

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there's a 30th Anniversary MacBookPro, I'm buying. And if there's not a 30th Anniversary MacBookPro, I'm still gonna buy a MBP. BUt a 6G iPod would be cool.

Sundog said...

Very interesting Comment area John! (?)

Look forward to seeing you there!

Adam Merrifield said...

I'd be interested to see if the RapidBlog idea will come to fruition. I thinks it's really just a pipe dream by some half baked test engineer from California.

Of course if it were true, there would be evidence like a really peculiar looking commenting page.

Adam Merrifield said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

A RapidBlog extension will be great, no doubts!
What about Flickr Private Slideshow feature? ;-)

Anonymous said...

RapidBlog looks promising... I hope it's coming soon! :D